One year ago today, we were gathered with Danielle and Jeffery’s friends and family at beautiful Gold Hill Gardens. The weather was gorgeous and romance was in the air. I asked Danie to look back on her day and choose her top 10 images from her wedding day and why she chose the image. It was so cool to learn the “why” behind her choice.
“How We Met” in Danie’s words:
“Jeff and I met the modern-day way…Tinder! We ‘swiped right’ as they say. When I first met Jeff, I was immediately drawn to his silly personality, he makes me laugh like no other. Our first date was on Friday 2/12/16 at a Zocalo in Roseville – he let me pick the place, so I chose my favorite – Mexican food! At the end of our date, Jeff surprised me with a plate of homemade chocolate-covered strawberries – this sealed the second date. Two months later we were ‘official’ and saying I love you. Fast forward to 7/12/18, while on a surprise trip to Kauai, Jeff got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. The rest is history.”
“For our Spring wedding, we knew we wanted an outdoor ceremony and reception all in one place with a grandiose backyard wedding feel, but still be classy and elegant. Through a ton of online searching, we found Gold Hill Gardens and was the most perfect setting for our romantic garden wedding. I definitely had a vision for our day, but pulled a lot of inspiration from Pinterest (duh!) and ultimately called the wedding’s vision ‘Rustic Boho Chic’. Our colors were gold and turquoise, with a lot of greenery, with blooms of white, ivory, blush, and neutral tones. “
“Before we had even selected a venue, we started looking into different vendors to start figuring out how much everything was going to cost. While browsing the Facebook page of a local catering company, I stumbled upon a style shoot that Wendy had done with the caterer. As with all the vendors, selecting one was a decision we both had to agree on. I showed Jeff the work of so many different wedding photographers, but the Freckled Photographer was the only one that Jeff approved! The way Wendy captures natural lighting is amazing and to our delight, once we booked our wedding venue, we found out she’s a preferred vendor.”
2. This is everything…I remember my heart trembling thinking omg this is it. Such a special moment and I had no idea I needed this picture in my life.
3. I absolutely love this picture so much, because I remember how I felt as we held hands and prayed.
4. Well this is just stunning, like a whimsical magical land. That tree was the perfect centerpiece for our ceremony.
5. I love everything about this photo, it’s sweet, sexy, and we are in a tree!! This one is printed on a big canvas hanging in our living room.
6. I loved my bouquet so much and always dreamed of this shot…I just love everything about how this image turned out.
7. This picture is what all my flower girl dreams are made of…even her cute little painted nails. I love how the sun is glowing on her.
8. I just really love the newlywed glow here.
9. This photo looks and feels so magical. The lighting is a mood. This picture embodies everything I pictured for our wedding day.
10. I love how happy Jeff’s mom looks in this picture…..and the twinkle lights glowing in the background.
Hope your 1st anniversary is incredible! We fell in love with you and your friends and family. We wish you all safety and wellness.
Florist: Anything’s Possible Events
DJ: Beat Fleet
Video: Fleeting Moments
Officiant: Rev. Jerry Murphy
Makeup & Hair: Thee Makeup Girl